Re: We're alive - SPOILERS!

Well I agree with wyvern on this, I don't think ink is the originator of the outbreak, however he is certainly using it to his own ends, albeit other than attacking humans and creating  stronger zombies we're not sure what those ends are.

Am I  remembering correctly that Ink got the tattoos in prison after he killed his family? if so it's entirely possible that the actual  creator of the marks was someone in  prison, which also might tie it to Scratch and her family.

One thing I do think is significant is the way that different zombies react, sinse we know Randy retains  something of his personality, and though Datu has the virus and freaks out when he sees the symbols he hasn't exhibited rage or any desire to hurt people as yet, while ink obviously retains a good degree of intelligence, even if not the direct control of zombies, heck he's even able to speak.

I think Datu's revelations will be significant though it wouldn't  surprise me if the series threw a left hook and had Datu survive but victor get munched, though of course everything points to Datu dying.

I don't  think any character "needs" to die for the dramatic flow of the series, but I am certain someone will, though that as I said is what makes the series so fascinating, however I am concerned that if more characters die, we won't get time for the zombie revelations or they  will be made in a rush.

Another thought that occurs to me, is what is lizzy's baby exactly going to be like? Sinse though lizzy hasn't been bitten we do know the cracks emonate air born particles.

It wouldn't surprise me if there  were some viral complications involved, though again we'll see.