Re: Books by Stephen King

I don't remember Salem's lot feeling particularly dry when I read it, or indeed ploddy the way the Dead zone felt. People seem to have something of a hate for Salem's lot but I actually enjoyed it. I remember when I first read it as a teenager, I mentioned to my dad that I was going to read it but it'd probably take a long while to get good, and he told me Salem's lot was the one exception where  King picks things up fairly quickly, and that was what I  found.

I do remember Susan felt a bit generic, though what he did with her plot took me genuinely by surprise, and I loved seeing Father calahan getting redemption in the dark tower.

Then again, I first read Dracula when I was fairly young, about ten or eleven I think, so it was interesting enough for me to just see what King would do with vampires in a modern setting, ---- of course this was back in the nineties before Twilight and the point that everyone got seriously fanged off with vampires big_smile.

I have reread it since then, though possibly the last time was a good ten or twelve years ago, so I might be a little hazy on the details since then.