Re: Manamon server down?

This game is written in BGT. Honest question to those of you who are more savvy about stuff like this: how difficult would it be to set this up with BGT's limitations? The sort of server mentioned in the previous post, I mean. Is it going to involve, like, days of really finicky coding, or would it be a three or four-hour fix and an update to the game, changing it away from the way it's set up now I mean?
I don't honestly know if this represents a lot of difference.

If nothing else, I would like to see in-game trades that allow you to get Lamgurk and Mortrex, and some way to get the other two starters outside of trading. This, I imagine, shouldn't take quite as long, but maybe I'm deluding myself.

Honestly, most of the quality fixes I've been harping on for awhile are things like move power points and accuracy, and whether they're physical or special. To my way of thinking, this should be hard-editable by switching flags and finding data entry points and just switching an 8 instead of a 6 or whatever. Ditto learnsets for manamon. All quality control issues, many of which could've been fixed. If one person tells you it's not good, maybe they're wrong. If most people tell you it's an issue, you probably ought to listen.

So if I appear to be harsh, it's intentional, because I think there's an attitude issue here. "I will never change dragon strike scrolls", even if it was said years ago, speaks to the sort of iron will we're dealing with, and I think it's reasonable to respond to that attitude with skepticism, cynicism or even outright dismissal. Where I stop, though, is in calling Aaron, as an overall person, lazy. Did his game have issues? Yes, all of his games have had them. Does it mean they're completely unplayable, and they suck, and he's an awful dev and an awful person? Goodness no. At worst, I think he needs to be more willing to listen and more willing to accept honest-to-god help when it's given. And hey, he's been quiet for two years. Maybe he's building something completely new and he's taken all this to heart. If so, congratulations; better late than never, and all that. And hell, as someone who can be somewhat stubborn, myself, I kinda get it. If not though...well, I said it in another topic.

I'd still dearly love a sandbox mode for Manamon. So not kidding. Play with my own stats/move power/move accuracy, all that jazz. Of course, there'd be a ton of people who made their chosen starter level 100 with 1 billion stats and a 9999-power Pounce/Claw Swipe/whatever, but I'm not that sort.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : adel . spence via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Trajectory via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : adel . spence via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : bryant via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : bryant via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : bryant via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : bryant via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : bryant via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : wlomas via Audiogames-reflector