Re: questions about the blind community and a couple of other things

Also, keep in mind, that in the United States, in most places, public transportation is not reliable if it exists at all. Then it becomes, do I have the money to spend on a lift or an Uber, or wait for sighted help?

Where I live, we have no train access, buses are irregular at best, and will take me about ten times as long to get where I'm going as it would if I just waited for my wife to get home and go. It's enough for me to know  I can do it if I have to, but it's not worth the hastle most of the time. Plus, carrying groceries on a bus with a dog in the middle of winter is not fun, especially if you have a mile walk home from the bus stop.