Re: Monthly chat September 2019

Turtlepower wrote:

I've always been an introvert and am generally slow to trust others, has made what's going on now all the more unexpected.
I've met someone amazing, someone whose company I genuinely enjoy, and we almost immediately fell into the type of friendship, though we both think it could very well be something more, where we can spend hours at a time talking, and we feel like we've known each other for a long time.

Hmmm, this is sounding very familiar, where might I have heard this sort of thing before I wonder big_smile.
Hope things work out as well for you as they did for me.

Actually, not to contradict the above statement,  but things have not been going great at the moment, mostly because my lady really is not physically very well at the present time, we're waiting to see exactly how "not very well" precisely and will hopefully know next Thursday, but if people are wondering why I haven't been bouncing around the forum, with my usual enthusiasm that is the reason.

Actually my gaming has been waaaaay off at the moment, I'm having a far harder times with games like sequence storm and even crazy party than I should be, and I don't find my concentration is going well for muds or the like. I've considered picking up a blind legend now I have steam running (I coul never work out the swiping turning system on Ios), since an easy going, immersive audio adventure without killer difficulty  might be just what I need at the second.

On the plus side, last night I did  write  a ten thousand word short story in the space of eight solid hours! its one of those moments writers talk about when you get an idea and it just wont' leave you alone, hopefully I'll be able to do something with it once its been  redrafted and gone through with a fine tooth comb about 30 times.

I've also been reading stephen King (see  topic for thoughts), plus yesterday evening with my parents and my brother and his wife we went to a pretty awesome concert.
Its a rather nice  modern thing orchestras are doing these days, where they show a classic film  with the music removed, and the orchestra provide a full live score whilst  dialogue and sound plays, with the film showing.

I've seen  Jurassic park, starwars a new hope, and Empire  strikes back don that way in the past, last night it was the turn of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's stone. While its not my favourite of the potter filmes (far too shiny and happy), it worked really well in concert, probably better than Jurassic park, since so much of the incidental music is melodic on its own.

its also nice that at those sorts of events audience participation is encouraged, so people were asked to cheer their favourite characters, and their houses, and boo the villains.
I was   especially amused when my brother, a proud, card carrying, tie wearing slitherin (though more in the sense of coniving, game playing, breaking rules and doing what is possible to get his way than in snooty pure blood arrogance), greeted dumbledor's announcement that Slitherin won the house cup with a cheer (the only person cheering at that point in the entire concert hall).

when Dumbeldor then however said "but we have to take recent events into consideration" My brother responded with a quick "booo! big_smile.

I just confined myself to cheering favourites, including giving a round of applause for the misunderstood git, Severus snape big_smile.

Hope everyone else is having a good  September so far, btw where the hell did the summer go?
At risk of being a very stereotypical   Englishman and talking about the weather,  we had one really amazingly hot week at the end of July, then its been  getting successively duller, to the point that our heating actually activated.
its as if we got all the summer in one week this year, rather than spread out, which is bonkers!