Steam is still a pain in the arse!

I'm still having all the troubles with steam I mentioend in the previous toppic, however since I've got sequence storm working very well, I thought I'd try buying a blind legend, as I think I'd prefer pc controls to the Ios swiping, however the download is being bloody stupid.

I used the link to download from website and got the "steam bootstrapper" window with lots of numbers, 409 megabites, 600000.302 , and something about 2 mbs (at least unlike most of the text on this shitty client that window displays consistently).

I recall in Pitermach's guide it states that games take a while to download, and given the time factor I left the thing running  for a good solid five hours (intended to be over night bbut I didn't sleep that long).

I restarted my computer, because I could not find the text saying "A blind legend" on the main steam client window on the desktop even using ocr, and there were no files for the game in the steam common folder where Sequence storm is.
However, I restart my computer, I finally find the game name a blind legend to click on (actually I could only read the end of the word legend).

And that say download bootstrapper window opens. So apparently despite being run for five sodding hours, the game hasnt' downloaded!

As I said I know why this thing is called steam! because it makes people blow their tops, however I would like to actually play the game.
Is there a way of checking download progress? or better still a way of actually downloading the game properly, hell if I could've just downloaded a standard setup I'd have been playing the game in roughly thirty seconds.

Is there some  confirmation button I need to hit that it was waiting for? I didn't think so once I'd hit the download link from the website, but I might be wrong, as I said Valve's total unconcern for screen reader compatibility is shown by how inconsistent the client's display is.

Still since unfortunately a lot of developers are using this shitty syste (god knows why), I'd like to be at least able to download and play games with it.

I thought I'd worked things out after I got sequence storm working, but as I said, steam is a bastard!

Edit: okay I have discovered something, if I leave the Steam desktop window open in the background behind that bootstrap thing, if I click on "A blind legend" the bootstrap window refreshes, and that sign saying 600000/302 mb changes to smaller values such as 600000/250 mb.

I am not sure if this refers to download speed or progress, though I am guessing the game is not actually 600 tb in size, though the speed does not seem commensurate with 250 mbs, or the other 2.13 ss which shows further down the page, assuming , 409 Mb was the file size.

I wonder if this was a simple problem of needing to keep the desktop window open as well as the bootstrap window, though if so this seems a little strange for a client that can't even be shut down.

At least though something is obviously happening, so hopefully the game will download eventually!