Re: A Note About BSC Games On Windows 10

Hi all,
a couple questions, as the package didn't help me to run them.

How should running the game files through 7Zip help? I mean, what is special about 7Zip's file manager, or what does it do differently than Windows 10 File Explorer or Total Commander, that justifies and explains this step?

Next, even when I did use the package and it did successfully produce the modified files in the correct locations, with the bin suffix added to the executable names, it still didn't help at all and the games, namely Blast Chamber and Troopanum 2 which are the only ones I'm interested in, still don't run.

So, I even tried running them through the elevated commant prompt manually, I tried various compatibility settings for previous iterations of Windows, I do have the VB6 runtime libraries and I even installed the Windows Media redistributables from the AG archive and even Visual Basic 5 runtime libraries from Microsoft. Still no luck at all. The games simply do nothing at all when I try to run them. It seems as though I didn't do anything at all, didn't try to run them in any way, and they are not even seen among the running processes in task manager.

Any clues as to what I might want to try next, anyone? I would really love to be able to get my hands on these two classics again just for the sake of nostalgia. :-)

Thanks,
Edit: I do have a current version of Windows 10 1903 Pro, 64-bit.
Lukas

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : lukas via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : bryant via Audiogames-reflector