I haven't read this topic in a long time, and I imagine most other people aren't either, but I've seen some posts in the last couple of pages that I find troubling. I've addressed part of this issue elsewhere, but I feel this needs saying.

Should Aaron have done a better job with Manamon overall? In my opinion, absolutely. And I don't think that's unreasonable; I'm not saying he should've rewritten the game, and I offered my own services free of charge many times to do this.
Was Aaron obliged to drop the price or make the game free? Absolutely not.
Let's be real. He's getting a trickle of money from this game, even now, without having to work on it. People still buy it from time to time, still comment on it, still like various parts of it. And so they should; the game is not completely awful, not by any stretch, and there are a lot of things done well, or reasonably well, here. It would be nice if, after three years and more, the price were to drop considerably, but Aaron has no good reason to do this.
For me, this overall picture means that I'm probably not going to support him anymore unless he really, really picks up the slack demonstrated in this release. For the rest of you, I hope it means that you think before you buy. But please, please don't make unreasonable demands. The game still did take time and effort, so you aren't just going to arbitrarily get it for free when the dev is tired of updating it. That's not fair and you shouldn't expect it.

For fun, I took the game for another spin just recently. Didn't find anything new, didn't really do anything new, except I found out that Junanchel is just not all that good. Nature Dance is brutal though (brutal in a good way). And while I still don't like Snowmonno's frailty in the Irroadium fight, it is very fast and hits very hard. Also learns Ice Tempest at a really high level, though by the time you get that move, you're probably committed to a physical set running Spirit Force, Frigid Touch, Aura Master and Snowball. I know I was. I keep forgetting how good (or not good) Mortrex is, stat-wise, but trading for it is a pain. Ditto Grizzlord, in particular. why not Lamgurk, you ask? Because Lamgurk's awful. lol

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Tristan04 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : superb via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : nidza07 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Tristan04 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Arkandias via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : tayo . bethel via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Chris via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Jaidon . vinnie_ware via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Arkandias via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Jaidon . vinnie_ware via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : nickg via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : UltimateBlade via Audiogames-reflector