AHC is better than Manamon? In some aspects, maybe. In others though, it falls behind. Let's recap.
Replayability.
This is arguably AHC's weakest point. When you play through the game once, you've pretty much finished everything. There are some sidequests that you possibly could miss, but I dono, those add up to maybe 90 extra minutes. I speak from experience, I am the first one to my knowledge to finish the game. There is no point in trying most of the classes in AHC do to you having the party of a rogue, a priest, a ranger, and a mage. If you choose to double up in one of the classes you won't really learn anything new because you've already seen pretty much all the skills the class has to offer the first time through.
Manamon, on the other hand, contains a greater amount of things to try do to it having 158 creatures. Yes, Jayde, I know, most of them are broken, but you wouldn't know about that fact until you sit down and mess around with each of them. My point still stands: There's just more options when it comes to Manamon's replayability.
sound design.
I'm not even going to argue this one, AHC beats Manamon by a long shot.
Length.
It took me a lot longer to finish Manamon than AHC, and I think that fact is true for anyone.
Handholding.
The reason as to why it takes you less time to finish AHC is do to the sheer amount of help in the game (Beacons anyone?). Manamon, on the other hand, has very little handholding, and that's only when you begin playing. It goes away rather quickly.
So is AHC better than Manamon? I don't think so. Both games have good and  bad points about them, but I don't consider one superior to the other. Besides, you can't really compare the two do to the difference in the mechanics.