Re: Monthly chat September 2019

@Julian ah yes, dancing. Thahnkfully when I finished school the American tradition of a formal "prom" (though in Britain that word means a road at the seaside), where you had to ask someone and go as a couple had not caught on.
We had a final formal school ball, all in black tie which was nice, actually I bought a really awesome cream brocade jacket with brass buttons, there was a jaz band and people danced, but there wa s no need to formally ask someone or really learn any specific dancing, which I'm glad about.

I've danced on stage before, but  I always feel a complete prat when I dance, which is why I've only done it in stage productions where its intended that I look amazingly silly.

Speaking of on stage, I got to publically perform my monologue last night which was rather fun, I'm not sure about the venew since it was a monologue competition mostly about local tv which is less my thing (for a  the local area I'm in is pretty grotty and I'm much more a theatre than stage person anyway), but it was fun to perform something i'd written, and something very surreal and weird, (anyone who's interested in hearing it can check out the audition video I recorded in post ten).

As to other news,  well a blind legend  a fun distraction, though as I talked about that in general game discussion I won't repeat myself, I now fancy playing through the vale and maybe getting back to my breed memorial monsters. I'm also playing crafting kingdom which is about what I want at the moment, something low key and relaxing.

Things unfortunately have not been fun otherwise, Mrs. Dark has not been well. We had to go to hospital on Wednesday for her to have a cat scan. This would've been fine, accept instead of going to our local hospital  in Newark, (which is about five minutes by taxi), we were told to go to a different hospital (the one my mum works at), which would be about an hour's drive away and a good fourty quid taxi fair.

So we went and stayed with my parents Tuesday night and went in with my mum on Wednesday morning as Wednesday was one of the week days she works, and sharing her taxi saved us cash.
We got there only to be told that actually we should've gone to newark hospital, even though the woman giving us the appointment specifically made the point that we were to go elsewhere!

I confess when the receptionist said "could you get to Newark?" I was rather annoyed, since the assumption that everyone in the world has a sodding car and can just casually drive elsewhere is bloody irritating!

Fortunately, when we explained that no, we really couldn't, they rescheduled and were able to do the cat scan in the hospital we were at. I was a little worried we'd be waiting all day since they had an emergency patient but actually we were done surprisingly quickly.

We now get a bit of time off, though my lady has an MRI tomorrow and needs to go back to said distant hospital next week for a full scale biopsy. Its quite literally a pain, especially with her not exactly being well anyway, but obviously we want to find out how bad things are and whether anything can actually be done about this.

In keepingg with matters being quite stressful at the moment, I'm doing some rather light reading, Darkness at Sethanon by Ramond fiest. I wasn't crazy on the first two books of the riftwar series Reviews available here but there was enough positive in them to make me hope that Feist was likely to improve, indeed my lady has read later books in the series and said they're massively better, and thus far, even accepting some rather typical eighties fantasy tropes, Darkness is hopefully looking to be a better story, or at least one where the weaknesses of the writing, Thin characters and blatant borrowings from D&D can be overcome by the writing's strengths like the wonderfully epic battles and weird world.

Actually I'm sort of wishing that we could get rid of midkemia and just have the whole series set on Kelowan, as Kelowan is much more interesting big_smile.

Anyway hope everyone else is having a slightly better September than my lady and I are right now.