Re: WeWalk?

My dad made a sonar cane with like $30 of stuff from, like, Biglots or something, like 10-15 years ago, I forget precisely when. Making one that's good enough to be worth using is another matter.
Mostly, two issues I have are: messing with the weight and balance of the cane, and how you get the information and whether or not that clashes with usual information channels. Headphones, hoods, etc obstruct my senses enough as is, but those are usually optional and can be worked with. Headphones with constant noise? Well, I haven't tried using the vOICe on the street, and I'd expect that to be comparable to most smartcanes in terms of information, if not better. Haptics? How's that work? Does it mess with how you use the cane at all?
Give me glasses with vibrators in them, have them vibrate based on how far away the obstacle is. So instead of glasses, it's more like a Sonar ... crown? Halo? Tiara? Headband? Bandana? Helmet? Hat? ... Make it like the Burger King Crown, and call it the Echo King, or something like that. Sure, it'd look completely ridiculous, but the awesome kind of ridiculous. More importantly, it doesn't mess with normal cane use, and only obstructs normal acoustics about as much as normal headgear. Though, minimizing the acoustic obstruction would be real nice, too.