Re: Mailman has been released!

@78:
I can't comment on revelation, because I haven't played, but I can comment on the others:
The BK series did indeed tell you what to do. The tutorials (stage 0) literally gave you examples of enemies, platforms, items etc and told you what to do when you encountered them, and then made you practice that. Through the English translations you got even more of this information, as the story line would tell you how each of the individual enemies worked almost to the tune of like 75% completeness. And if you didn't know the first time, you'd figure it out by the second time - the difficulty was not in not knowing what the hell was going on, but knowing what the hell was going on and figuring out a strategy to defeat it. (As it always should be).
AAC told you what you'd be dealing with and how to do it - and if I'm not mistaken, it even had a learn game sounds menu. Any of its surprise challenges (the pit where you had to jump from platform to platform springs to mind) were constructed from already familiar elements, but you just had to figure out how to defeat this arrangement of said elements. That is not comparable to this game, since we're given both unfamiliar elements and game play, and unfamiliar arrangements of these unfamiliar elements to figure out. The first layer of unfamiliarity should not be a thing.
Again I can't comment on revelation, but I think I've proven that the other examples you gave here are well off the mark - and your "it's everyone else who's the problem" approach makes me glad you're not this game's developer.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ElizaBaez via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : juan reina via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : UltraLeetJ via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : UltraLeetJ via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : LordLundin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Chri79s via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Chri79s via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : UltraLeetJ via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : pool via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : The Dwarfer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : The Dwarfer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : The Dwarfer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : UltraLeetJ via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : nidza07 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : LordLundin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : musicalman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : musicalman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : NicklasMCHD via Audiogames-reflector