Re: Considering playing Avalon: the legend lives.

First have a look at This page on the avalon website which details some of the more common options for reducing text, though I don't know if the mushclient plugin is working or not as I only ever tried Avalon with Vipmud.

I didn't find Avalon any more difficult than many muds, and not as tough to play speed wise as some muds like cyber assault, though the mud itself is extremely complex and getting into it is rather difficult, as you have to type out commands in full sentences, be quite specific with what your doing. Also, much of Avalon is based around player interaction, which is slightly what put me off the game despite the gorgious descriptions (some of the best I've ever seen in any mud).

as for soundpacks, very few muds have them, and even fewer have soundpacks as complex and detailed as the Alteraeon pack, indeed in many ways Alteraeon doesn't play like a mud at all, but like an audiogame.

If your not prepared to play games in pure text, mudding probably isn't for you, though if you can enjoy text games, there are some pretty awesome muds kicking around.

hth.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Computergamer via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : randomuser via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : randomuser via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Computergamer via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : randomuser via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : bradp via Audiogames-reflector