Re: Manamon 2: Impressions Thread

slight
spoiler

Yup, that was what I had to do.

Interestingly, I am at a part in the game where I feel I may have screwed myself over. Facing the big giant spider boss thing, and it's a really neat idea, but uh...what do you do against the insta-kill webs? I have no revives left. I can't just bring stuff back. It seems like he's always got a web going even if he's confused or paralyzed, so my heavy hitters (Lamplare, Shadina, and the grass starter) get decent hits off and then just die, and I'm screwed.

That being said, I'm not crying foul, I'm just confused.

Oh also? I found an optional area, but apparently it's locked behind the full version. Now at least I know of one more place to use my crowbar.

I feel like I'm approaching the end of the demo now, and I'm a bit more impressed than before. Types have better representation (there are a ton of insects now, which is cool) and some strong moves of certain types exist where they didn't before. I also think I may have found a Rhinodyo baby form. Some of the designs interest and impress me more than others. A few feel flat to me, some feel downright interesting, so that's a win, because that's about what one should expect from a title like this.