Re: Manamon 2: Impressions Thread

@Jayde
I didn't realize that about Hibernate! It should only take away 3 turns, counting the turn you use it. I will fix that in the next build. If you pointed this out in Manamon 1, I never saw it, sorry.
On to your post.

I'm confused when you say that if a 110 power move is too strong, surely a 99 power move is too strong. Rookie Kick is a 50 power move but Power Punch is 60 power and I definitely see that as a huge improvement. I'll grant you the change may be more noticeable at lower levels, but it is still highly significant.
The fact that I consider your feedback to be valuable in general does not automatically mean that I will act on any specific point. As I say, ultimately I have to create the world in the way that I want it to be experienced.

Regarding full moon blessing, I believe I acknowledged that in the way you were proposing its usage, it should not be used. As one person said, using it with the Rearmband could prove a very effective strategy.
In addition, I suggested that it could save you healing items while going through in game areas by getting a quick heal against a feral.
You say that nerphing attacks never proves effective at creating a metagame, but making weaker things stronger does.
With this I must disagree. If you have a creature that is too weak, it can just be ignored by the metagame. If you have something too strong, it will become essential for the metagame. This latter is much less desirable, as even if you then strengthened the weaker creatures, the far too powerful creature would still remain essential to the competitive seen. In Pokemon, Garchomp was made weaker while Sunflora was not substantively strengthened. This was essential for a more balanced metagame. Though I'm not as familiar with action games, I believe this type of precedent is also set in the Destiny series as well as other online oriented titles.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : boy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Hijacker via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : starlord2017 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : The Imaginatrix via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : LordLuceus via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : liam gaster via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Cody_91 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : liam gaster via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : pates via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Aaron Baker via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Hijacker via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Soul Keeper via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Soul Keeper via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Soul Keeper via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : enes via Audiogames-reflector