Re: youtube alternatives

Coppa was originally supposed to mean that sites that collected personally identifiable information (first and last name, email, phone, etc.) could not legally allow those under 13 to join, failing the obvious fact there is no technical age verification and won't be for a long time. But the lines are blurred big-time with practically everything requiring an account just to move forward. Somehow it's partially the parents' fault we got to this point in the first place, I'm talking about the ones who give their kids tablets at age 3 and let them roam free and hope that the algorhythms can do no wrong. How do you think we got to some younger kids not having the ability to hold a real conversation for long periods of time? This is a humanity-turned-technological issue, throw lawmakers into the equation and it's an absolute disaster. We either need to rethink how we do technology for the children, or we just don't do it at all and go back to Leapfrog and company.