Re: youtube alternatives

@27, word. I completely disapprove of giving children access to (any) kind of technology under the age of at minimum 6 that is as powerful as an iPhone or iPad. Kids always, always find ways around parental controls and other defensive mechanisms that are designed to stop them. It doesn't help that parents don't moderate what their kids do, and instead let them do whatever they please. If your a parent, you now are pretty much self-employed: your job? To watch over that kid and raise them. Your job does in fact include parental responsibilities. Moving it off to technology is a shirking of your parental duties. Parents who do that kind of thing should be ashamed of themselves. When I was younger, my family did let me use technology a lot (far more than they probably should have). However, they still took the time to raise and educate me and do everything else a parent should do. (Also, lets not forget the parents who act plain stupid and claim, in court no less, that games like GTA V create mass-shootings. How the hell could a computer program do that without the child believing it? Its not the computer programs fault for causing that, its the child's fault for actually thinking its possible despite everything pointing to the opposite. Is it really that hard to notice that kind of thing from a parents point of view?)
I'd love people who are parents or who know parents on here to try to answer that question; I don't know you guys but would love an answer to that.