Re: I highly Recommend the Sonus GDE

After going through the counting program, I can sort of see what's good about this system, but still, it takes /so/ much more type to tab through options than to write a line of text. Now, I can't actually show the program because it didn't seem to ask me to save before exiting, but when I ran it, from a menu bar with the top level menu item being an actionable thing ... all that happened was a "debug window" with nothing in it. Pressing A, S, W, and D did nothing. I seriously hope the quirks of this program are due to possible cross platform development, and that the variable edit box in the comparison section being without a label is simply because the user is expected to know what it is.

Overall, the program seems to be general Java Access Bridge affair, but still is functional, even though escape rarely escapes. The language seems to be something like C++, or Java, or even BGT-esque, with one needing to define the beginning of the program, as if line one weren't enough.

I don't know, maybe I'm just spoiled by Python, but gosh it felt a bit better typing in lines, being sure that I could edit those lines... well besides a hiccup with Emacs' Python Mode going crazy with indentation, but that's my fault because I love Emacspeak too much to switch to anything else, like visual studeo code. And, even though I am not yet good enough to even write that program perfectly without help, I feel much better about that than the "debug window" you get with this program, and that my work will be saved when I exit my text editor. Plus, Python is already cross-platform. smile

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Aaronlp via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Xoren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : devinprater via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : devinprater via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : devinprater via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : devinprater via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : devinprater via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Xoren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : The Dwarfer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : The Dwarfer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : The Dwarfer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Sean-Terry01 via Audiogames-reflector