Re: I Have a Favor to Ask of the Community

It is true that negative people breed negative energy, but you have choices on how you express that. It can be very hard to live with people who are stuck in their ways and unable to do or say much of anything that doesn't involve blaming others for their own problems. I speak from personal experience on this. While I have my own issues related to these types of things, and I'd never deny that, you have to understand that fighting fire with fire isn't going to help, either. I get the impression that you're not doing this deliberately, but you are shifting blame where it's not warranted. You don't want people contacting you at all hours? There are lots of ways to solve that problem. I can't understand where all this frustration is coming from, in other words. I would be willing to bet that if you talked to one of the well-known devs in the audio gaming community, you'd understand that they receive far more relentless contact, both fan and hate mail, than you can even begin to imagine. Put yourself in their shoes. This is, in all honesty, a very poor example--I could have gone with celebrities, or any number of marginalized groups, on the other side of the spectrum--but it seemed the most relevant way to explain this given where we're posting right now. If any of the aforementioned groups or individuals can learn to filter out unwanted contact, surely you can, too, in whatever way suits you best.