Re: Is it worth getting a Nintendo Switch?

I too did have sighted help in setting up my Switch. For my level of vision I have found the zoom feature somewhat helpful. Also the inverted colours option has also been useful for me with some screens. It is just a pity that that feature does not have a quick toggle like zoom. Instead you have to go to the system settings to change the colours. I also have used the Seeing AI iOS app to read some screens. The results are not always great and it often takes some time to get the iPhone camera positioned correctly for the OCR to work.

The only Switch game I own is Super Mario Maker 2. I have been making some courses and playing courses made by others. Though I use my vision for that and can only make or play levels of certain game styles and themes. I don't think you can get much out of Mario Maker if you are totally blind but of course I can be mistaken.

@pelantas I would be interested to hear how well you have managed to play Pokemon let's go since you mentioned it.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : thetasigma via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : TheBlindSaiyan via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Blind angel 444 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Mitch via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Mitch via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : rwbeardjr via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Blind angel 444 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : pelantas via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : thetasigma via Audiogames-reflector