Re: Minecraft for the blind?

Since I am also learning and teaching python. I might write a python program for generating landscapes to use. The landscape is stored in an array of strings which lays out nice on a text editor. Each character is the number 0 to 9 to show the elevation and then letter characters for for anything higher than 9. there is a second map that shows what the topmost brick is made from. Of course this only works for the early parts of the demo when there are no caves and it all gets converted into a 3D array at the beginning of the game. I might create a python program that randomly creates hills ravines etc.