Re: Alter Aeon: a credit lottery started by the night people

Woooooooo lets all take a deep, collective breath if we can.
First, at post 18: Dentin, thank you for the way you handled the situation.  I cannot honestly know if in fact your having stepped in as late as you did and in the way you did means you, in fact, had just then found out about it and decided to take a definitive stand, or if you were already aware of the situation to some degree and were attempting to do a bit of preemptive damage control, but I'm going to go with the former in an attempt to show that I, at least, believe you were in the right in how you handled the situation regardless and not assume that you did it for any other reason than the lack of diplomacy we were shown on AA.  As I previously stated above of Jayde, I happen to feel like he is sometimes a bit hard headed and immovable in his decision making when it concerns moderating the forum and the like... I can't vouch for him or speak against him outside of this forum, obviously, as I don't know him in RL.  If I took the time to perhaps read some of Shadowfax's writing, I might find that he is perhaps somewhat in the same mold, cool and calculative and the like and, perhaps he simply felt that he had to deal with the situation right there and then.  These are all things I cannot know for sure, and text sometimes gets in the way because we can't know how and in what tone the message is intended.  More to the point, for blind people, at least, we're kind of sort of somewhat left at the mercy of synthetic voices, and the wording, plus the voice itself can sometimes bring a much more powerful punch to an already emphatic message.  Perhaps there was even some fear that money had already been contributed to the lottery  and that there was a need to stop that from continuing as soon as possible in an attempt to further protect AA players in question... I'd like to go on record right here and right now stating that no such thing has happened, that no money has exchanged hands, and that any money which is sent as the result of this topic or any other discussion concerning this lottery will quickly be refunded if in fact it were to occur.  IN addition, while it may or may not make a difference, post 1 of this topic has been edited to include the fact that this lottery has been canceled.
In light of all of this, I'd just like to reiterate my apology above and state that I myself am sorry for any inconvenience this idea has generated.  It pains me to know that anyone would think that I'm out to, in any way shape or form, hurt other people in this community or on AA, as I've always tried my best to show players over the past 9 years of my being there that I am willing to be as generous is humanly possible, and in this community, because it has previosly entrusted me with 400 dollars to give away 20 copies of a popular game.
@arjan, post 20: Could of should have would have is the phrase of the day.  I tried to point out in 19 that you can never know what, if anything is going to result out of your trying to do something in a good way.  As such, I'm neither blaming the AA staff for anything that took place, nor am I going to sit around holding grudges because of anything that took place.  While arguably the situation could have, on many levels, been handled differently by Shadowfax, I am also fully aware that the situation probably wouldn't have had to have been handled if I hadn't allowed it to be there to begin with.  That fault lies with me and with me alone.  One has to keep in mind that for every action there is a reaction, and sometimes you have to learn how those reactions are going to affect you and others around you.  It has been said before that you might know that it hurts to get burned, but until you are confronted with it, you may not know how it hurts to get burned.  I fell into that category all on my own out of naiveness, stupidity... Take your pick.
@Jayde, your anger on our behalf is appreciated, but please try not to be too hard on the AA staff as the result of it.  As a past moderator of this site, I can't begin to really imagine the kinds of requests they get on a regular basis, but I do know that people on here who have previously been banned from here will actually contact me off forum by some means in an attempt to see if I was somehow the weakest link and could get them a pass back into it, as if my reputation were such that by my own word then head admin Dark would be willing to unban them or something... I really have no idea why.  I've also received hateful communication for bans I had previously issued for good reasons, even on Alter itself!
Anyway, the point I'm trying to make is simlpy that sometimes we don't know what mods or admins are already facing, what kind of decisions they may already be tasked with, what kind of things might be going on in real life that may have had an affect on how they dealt with this or that situation.  I'm in favor of letting this go because in truth, at some point in time or another in our lives, we all need forgiveness for our misdeeds and errors.  I hope that someday I can get this and the AA community to colaberate on something big and beautiful as was the case with AHC.  It's a shame that things were taken the way they were, but as I said above, I am certainly doing my best to understand why.