Re: infini crawl, text dungeon crawling rpg similar to the wastes.

dark wrote:

I will confess I found the firebomb a bit disappointing, since when I'm doing 30 or  damage a hit, 10 damage really doesn't do much. I also don't tend to use smoke bombs since I usually just slaughter anything in front of me rather than running away

Bombs now do their item level plus your character level in damage. Yeah I never use smoke bombs either, I have considered taking them out, but there should be some trash that you pick up that is less useful. They are good to sell. Oh, I should point out that the smoke bomb not only lets you avoid a fight, but it also always puts you into a safe scene with no enemies, unless the next scene would be a boss scene. So it effectively helps you skip at least one, but potentially 2 fights. Probably more helpful in areas with the swarm effect.

dark wrote:

You might also consider adding the "low energy" and "low health" warnings to the event log and having them auto spoken as well. I also would appreciate knowing when poison does damage and when to start gulping potions, since sometimes I got surprised, then again poison seems to be the only thing these days  actually   to do me any real damage, then again i am walking around with a 40 armour bonus plus earth bonus to match.

Does it not warn you when the alert box pops up? Or you mean you want it added to the log so that you can read it back? Also, I'm planning on making damage scale up faster for higher level stuff because it seems a bit too easy from what you are telling us here.

dark wrote:

Btw, So if I have this correct, only standard none elemental gear EG something of the ancestors or something of time can contribute to your heirloom bonus?

The heirloom gear is pretty much anything that has time or ancestors in its name like 'of the past' or whatever. You'll get the heirloom gear as soon as you open the chest whether you pick it up or not and it saves instantly. Basically, your heirloom gear bonus is the highest level heirloom gear that you've found. You'll spawn in with that piece, starting at either your level, or its level, whichever is lower, and it will level up with you up to its maximum level. Heirloom gear has no elemental bonuses, its just regular gear to help you when you start a new game at an advanced scene so you don't have to slog through the early game stuff every time.

dark wrote:

I'd be interested in seeing some different environment types perhaps with different challenges, EG a forest environment  traps that tested your elemental resistances, and perhaps less loot but more chance of higher level loot, and maybe climbing a mountain where there could be a risk of falling.

It may not be totally evident, but I did increase the environmental effects for each theme. The themes start off with a single effect, an additional effect gets added at medium and another at hard difficulty. Also as you level up, more effects get added. So in total, at around level 20 on hard, each theme will have 9 levels of environmental effects. Also, a forest is the next planned theme addition! I also have an ice cave type thing in the works. I like your mountain idea as well.

Here is an example of how theme effects work. The cave theme starts off with 1 level of Swarm (increased chance to spawn enemies). At medium difficulty it adds another level of swarm, and the Strong Enemies effect, causing increased damage. At hard, swarm is increased again and then Fast Enemies is added making them harder to run from. At character level 10, you get an earth penalty which reduces your earth bonus, and again swarm is increased. At level 20, you also get an air penalty, and swarm is further increased. Though now that I type this all out, those character level tiers should be based on scene number, not level. I'll test that out and see how it works.

dark wrote:

You might also consider adding some special bosses or  challenges into the mix at higher scene numbers, so that players would be forced to prestige a few times to get through them, then again it's entirely possible I've been playing too much trimps

There are higher level bosses, you might have seen the super, ultra, mega, etc bosses. I should make those harder I think. I was also thinking about theme specific bosses that add special challenges. I have played a lot of Trimps also, it was my main idle game for a few months. I'm a big fan of idle games in general and they were a big influence on InfiniCrawl as you can probably tell.

Haramir wrote:

Hello folks! Dark, the main thing about the fire bombs is that it is a free hit. You wont be countered upon using one of those, and it can be specially useful at low levels.

Yep, it is a free hit, good for low levels. I did increase the damage a bit to make it more scalable at higher levels.

brad wrote:

i'm confused, how do I save my game?

On the first page of this thread there is a good explanation of how saves work but to summarize, your progress is only saved when you prestige. Eating a Humble Pie will reset your game and you will keep your bonuses if you earned any.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Haramir via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : malachi1616 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : stirlock via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : malachi1616 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : malachi1616 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Haramir via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : brad via Audiogames-reflector