Re: infini crawl, text dungeon crawling rpg similar to the wastes.

dark wrote:

Two things I do notice which are a little odd, is firstly though I've prestieged six times, my energy bonus is still at zero. Have I just  not encountered the right items yet?
Also, all my heirlooms have relatively higher bonuses except for relic, indeed I don't think I've run across any heirloom relics, though this might just be the whims of the god of random numbers of course.

The prestige items are all of equal chance, when you summon a merchant the code basically just says, give the merchant 1 Humble Pie, 1 random prestige item and an assortment of other random items based on the wooden nickle level. Same with heirlooms, if you open a chest, you get a random heirloom gear. So yeah, just the random number gods testing you tongue

dark wrote:

you shouldn't be able to search for items until you get to a new scene being as you've likely lost your way and are retreading old ground.

Hmm. That would make sense if you actually went 'back' a scene to your previous area. Though you are going back a scene as far as your progress goes, it could be that you just went to an area that is out of the way causing you to take the long way around. I could compromise and make it a 50/50 shot whether you came to a new area or went back to an old one. So when you get lost you have a 50% chance to be able to search again.

dark wrote:

It also might be cool eventually to have random traders turn up at intervals, (perhaps after each boss battle), different from the knickle merchant, who would   sell something at a random price, sometimes a steel, sometimes trying to radically rip you off.

I was thinking of just making the merchant show up after boss battles and removing the wooden nickles altogether. If I did that, I could have the random items in the merchant have wildly different prices, as you say, some times a bargain, some times a rip off.

dark wrote:

Of course, I'm guessing that prestige bonus items increase in price proportionally according to either your progressiont hrough the game or how many you've previously consumed, though I must admit I did find the merchant's much more interesting when I could actually afford to buy the prestige bonus item and perhaps have a look at their armour and weapons, rather than when I'd just  have to keep saving up all my gold for the next dandy candy or whatever.

The price of prestige items is, as you say, based on the number of prestiges in the case of a humble pie and the your elemental prestige bonus in the case of the elemental items. Indeed the primary purpose of the merchant is prestige items, the other items there are mostly for fluff in the off chance that you can actually use them. With your idea of making the prices fluctuate, that might alleviate that though. The scale of the prices might be too high for longer runs. I might have to put in a gold bonus based on prestiges and/or gems to counteract that. When you hit a wall, prestiging should fix it and let you progress further each time.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : malachi1616 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : malachi1616 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : malachi1616 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : malachi1616 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : malachi1616 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : malachi1616 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : brad via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Haramir via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : malachi1616 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : malachi1616 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : LivingForGod1991 via Audiogames-reflector