Re: The most random idea for a sound library.

It's not stupid at all

I thought of this as well, but I just don't have enough canes or tips to be truly comprehensive, or a good enough recording environment.
To make something people may actually buy though, I don't think you'd need much variety on that account, just enough surfaces/obstacles and at least 1 telescoping and one folding, plus one graphite/aluminum and one carbon fiber/fiberglass.
For tips I would imagine that you'd need at least one roller, one metallic, and one pencil.
Obviously, you can get allot of overlap by only having like three canes, though it would be good to have a folding heavy as well as a folding light cane since the sound is significantly different.
Also, two point touch and constant contact are equally important, as well as slide tap if you think it's different enough to matter.

I think it would be really cool to have a good resource for people including blind characters in their games/films/audio dramas to pull from for realism.  I've also thought of a braille pack, including such things as plastic and metal slate at different speeds with paper handling and eraser, plus various braille writer functions and key combos, braille note taker keyboard combos and various braille display pin sounds (the more models the better) sound of braille pages turning and fingers moving across line, and small VS large embossers with associated handling, such as taring the tractor feed strips and the head auto positioning.
I'd imagine that the braille pack would be allot easier to do at a rehab center or blind school though, given the voriety of tools available, as long as you could come in after hours for quiet.

It seems like it would be quite fun actually...  I would just want someone with a legit recording and editing setup with the skills to match to do it justice.

Misc accessibility tools such as abicus, talking watches and clocks, talking thermometers, audio liquid level indicators, talking calculators, various screen readers doing generic stuff ETC would be awesome, but I don't know how the companies who make those things would respond and if it would fall under fair use if you were making money off it.
Regardless, we could all probably provide more free recordings to places like freesound.org and opengameart.org without much difficulty, and then at least smaller projects would get realistic stuff to work with and there would be no true risk of getting sued either.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ignatriay via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ignatriay via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ignatriay via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ignatriay via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ignatriay via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : black_mana via Audiogames-reflector