Re: Best space strategy games?

Hey All,

Begin at least was originally a DOS program. THere's a Windows version but it isn't accessible, so you need a DOS emulator, like Talking Dosbox to play it. IF you can get one you can find it at this link, among other places, though the full manual may or may not be included. I don't remember exactly where I got that, but it goes into detail about the physics simulation the game uses, among other things.

Anacreon did indeed get ported to WIndows, and was last updated around 2005 or so. I don't really know what Dark is referring to with his comments about combat deployment, but it is doable last I checked, you just have to get used to the way the table is laid out, which is fairly simple. I tend to prefer the DOS version of this game in some ways, just because I"m used to playing other games in DOS anyway. Plus, the manual is a great read.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : RTT entertainment via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Audacity via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : zkline via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : RTT entertainment via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : zkline via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Audacity via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : firefly82 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : RTT entertainment via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : zkline via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Audacity via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : zkline via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Audacity via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : RTT entertainment via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : zkline via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : RTT entertainment via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : zkline via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : milos via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Audacity via Audiogames-reflector