Re: infini crawl, text dungeon crawling rpg similar to the wastes.

dark wrote:

Btw, I had a random thought, at the moment the traps are just "you encounter a trap, you take x damage"
It'd be cool both if the traps were explained for atmosphere, EG pit of sharp spikes, gas trap, darts firing out of wall etc, but also it might be cool if the traps did other things than just damage you. For example, maybe you could be teleported back a scene or so, or maybe the traps could  sound an alarm, increasing monster encounter rates for the next few turns.
traps like quick sand or turning wall traps could knock you back a scene, or perhaps if you fall into a none spiked pit trap, you need to take time getting out which costs you food.

This is part of the 'Flavor Update', I've added a few different types of traps that do some different things, and the description of them is varied. I like your alarm idea, I'll see about putting that in there.

dark wrote:

Lastly, I was thinking about heirloom gear. At the moment, gear you find is always better than heirloom gear, however you have to keep the heirloom gear around in case you encounter something good.
It'd be fun if you could occasionally find magic chalk or rune carving tools the like and be able to enchant your heirloom gear, but with the drawback that the enchantment would fade after a while and couldn't be repeated until the gear leveled up.

The purpose of heirloom gear is to get you started, it's meant to be replaced and sold off as soon as you find something else. It levels with you so that you can keep it around as long as you need it. Without it, when you start at an advanced scene, you'll die very quickly even with a bunch of prestige bonuses. I'm working on some new enchantments, possibly theme-specific ones, the enchanting your own gear idea will probably be a class skill when I get to the class implementation.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : rory-games via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : LivingForGod1991 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : malachi1616 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : LivingForGod1991 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : LivingForGod1991 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : malachi1616 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : rory-games via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : malachi1616 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : malachi1616 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : malachi1616 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Liam via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Haramir via Audiogames-reflector