Re: How Harry Potter Could Have Defeated Voldemort, After the intire story

@24 That is interesting. I missed that detail in the books. If Voldimort's defenses are all magical, all it would take is an experienced mage to unravel his magic and destroy him. Darquesse could do it no problem. Is it a bit unfair? Perhaps, but it would be amusing to see Darquesse go up against the big bad Voldi. How long would he survive?

As I said, the main problem I have with Voldimort is that he doesn't seem very intelligent. He thought he was all that when he got the Elder Wand and could never understand why it wouldn't worked. How did he manage to go around killing potentially hundreds or thousands of Wizards unchallenged? Come on, you're telling me no one wanted to stand up to him? Come on! I don't know, maybe I'm too old for the series and think about it too critically now, but I just don't like Voldimort's whole plan. Oh, let's also not forget the idiot used Harry's blood to revive himself which also lead to his downfall. Idiot! Was he just like "I'm going to reincarnate myself and I don't care how I do it"? NEver mind that using Harry's blood was a huge mistake, since that's where the protective charm from Lilly resided.

Ugh, it just bothers me that such a feared sorcerer is such an idiot. Did he really have no strategy besides running around waving his wand and killing people? Maybe I should go back and read the series again now that I'm older. I may pick up on more things I missed as a 10-year-old.

I agree that Deathly Hallows nicely concluded everything. Harry finally realized it was time to stand up and do something about Voldimort and his idiocracy when everyone else was too scared. Don't get me wrong, I think the story has nice themes, I'm just bothered by some aspects of it. It's crazy how your perspective on things changes with age.