Re: Teens Are Not too Young for Depression

Dan_Gero, I think the people who refuse to comment here are not really worth hearing from in this context. The argument is done. If they can't filter that out, there's really nothing else you can or should do about it. Let them be. Either they'll come back or they won't. I'm sensing a theme here.

Anyway, mental health is getting better, in the sense that it's now far less taboo to talk about it, and the whole attention-seeking thing is being used a bit less often. I still cringe when I see that, as I've known people who went untreated because they were labelled as attention-seeking. My question: since when is seeking attention, in and of itself, a bad thing if you're in need? If you say "help" you are seeking attention. To me, this can actually stand as a perfectly rational response to something that is overwhelming you.
To me, waving the attention-seeking flag is a lot like waving the "she might be lying" flag when it comes to sexual assault. so yeah, sure, people can and do milk it, or lie, or whatever. But far more often than not, it's legit, and represents an issue. You don't have to help, but for heaven's sake don't stand in front of others who wish to do some good.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Mitch via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : darren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : darren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ryok via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : redfox via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bashue via Audiogames-reflector