Re: Suggestions for Switching from iOS to Android (Pixel 4)

1. No real kind of rotor. I'm sorry, but talkback's shitty little swipe up and down to change navigation modes thing just doesn't count, nore does commentary's weird janky gestures thing.
2. Gestures. IDK what it is with android screen readers and putting in weird multi finger gestures that are not intuitive at all. That's one common trate they all seem to share, at least as far as I've tried, which is a lot.
3. No real ulternative to flicktype or BSI. No, SBK doesn't count here, not at all.
4. Lack of accessibility improvements. Over the past few years, voiceover has received many updates. Some are things that should have been done years ago, whilst others, like activities, the new voiceover haptics, etc are actually innovative, where as talkback's development has more or less been on a standstill for the past few years, and all of this super cool ultra amazing unbeatably awesome AI google keeps talking about has thus far not been introduced to talkback.
By the way, since you'll probably mention it, yes I know talkback has vibrations. They are *not* the same thing as haptics. It's difficult to explain, but go to an apple store and try an IPhone 10 R or something. You'll see what I'm talking about instantly, and it's a huge upgrade over the too loud overly intrusive vibrations of talkback.
One last thing I'd like to mention would be support. Apple has developed a reputation over the years for generally being good at not only creating devices that can withstand a lot and also survive for long amounts of time, but also for supporting said devices for long amounts of time. Generally, the longest amount of time you'll have support for on an android phone is two years. Phones like the IPhone 6S, however, which I used up until about a week ago, are still getting updates, despite being released in 2015. The IPhone 5S and 6, released in 2013 and 2014 respectively, were both supported all the way up to IOS 12. That's, a very long time for any phone to be supported, and more than you'll probably ever get out of an android phone.
I could go on and on about all the other various issues android has, but I think my point is well made.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Ty via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : cj89 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : BlindNinja via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ultradude306 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ivan_soto via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : cmerry via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Ty via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Ty via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : cmerry via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Ty via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : cmerry via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Ty via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : nuno69 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : nuno69 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : nuno69 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : YourUso via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : YourUso via Audiogames-reflector