Re: Suggestions for Switching from iOS to Android (Pixel 4)

@30, my point is that it shouldn't be dependent on whether one screen reader on one platform is better than another on another platform to determine that platforms "value", which is literally the basis of every supposed complaint about Android. You *do not* need every single feature that voice over has to use iOS, do you? No, you don't. Those "extras" are luxuries -- enhancements to make the user experience a bit better. But not all of them are necessities. Perhaps if we didn't come in, guns blazing, towards accessibility teams like Googles accessibility team, we'd actually make some progress. But pro-iOS fans, with their hostile nature towards everything Google, doesn't help anything either.
The reason I switched to Android several years ago was not just the temptations it offered: openness, full flexability to customize whatever I wanted, &c. The other reason was that I had had enough of Apples walled garden approach ("You are forbidden from using apps we say that you can't use") and the control they take away from the user. Though Google doesn't give you all the control you could ever want, they give you a lot more than Apple does. Does Google's app store plagued with viruses once and a while? Sure, but that's why Adroid has alternative app stores. Plus, Android has its own advantages; for example, people say that they can send iMesages on other Mac devices. I can send text messages from any device that has the ability to access the internet, interpret _javascript_ and execute web pages. I don't need to spend an extra thousand dollars just to be able to do that. And I can install apps that way too. But I digress.
This hole battle between screen readers needs to end. A book shouldn't be judged on its cover, as they say, and a similar concept applies here.