Re: Suggestions for Switching from iOS to Android (Pixel 4)

Ethin, perhaps you do not need these features, but you are not somebody to judge what important features are. Do you consider switching languages not important? If yes, you are really selfish and don't want to understand the needs of people who are not speaking only one language. How would you feel if you are reading a text, and you realize you need a different language to read it. On iOS, I can do this with a few gestures, while on Android, the quickest way to do it is to open global context menu with a gesture, find text to speech settings, wait for that to open, find language, tap the language I want and get out of that chain of screens and only then return to what I was reading. Sorry, but I consider reading text a basic feature of a screen reader. Considering that Android is so popular, I also consider multylingual users very important. You can approach Google's accessibility team any way you want. You can be nice, you can be aggressive, they have a set roadmap and no feedback will change that. Do you realize that the latest update of Talkback removed a toggle for enhanced focus, a shake to read feature, a shortcut for screen dimming, as well as adding extra hints that custom actions are available which are extremely unnecessary for advanced users and can't be toggled from verbosity settings. Voiceover does the same thing, but it is smarter, because as you are exploring icons you will only hear this hint once per screen, and not every time you focus something. If Google develops their screen reader with the help of blind people, I don't understand how those people during internal testing don't realize the basic issues with navigation. Want more basic features? A large web page should not crash my phone to the point where I'd rather never browse the web on it. But none of that is necessary, important is to defend Google even if basic things don't work right. I never said that Android is bad as an OS, if you have read my posts you would have noticed that I said if we are not talking from the accessibility point of view, I'd switch back instantly, but sorry, I'd rather be productive on my phone then have extra features. You can send messages from the web on iOS too, so that's not an advantage. Does not matter though, there are many limitations on both and that's not the point of my post.