Re: infini crawl, text dungeon crawling rpg similar to the wastes.

dark wrote:

I wondered if you considered giving poisoned/cursed enemies titles to distinguish them,

The toxic and cursed enemies are a zone effect. Every creature in that zone has it. So if you are in a pyramid, every enemy is cursed. Likewise for a crypt, all enemies are toxic. Poison is not terribly common though, its a minor effect in crypts only and will really only be an issue at high scene numbers (300+). Cursed enemies only inflict a curse 25% of the time and they only appear in pyramids at the moment. As new zones get added, more zones will have curses and poison I'm sure. In the enemy rework there will be specific enemies that deal poison like snakes and wyverns etc.

dark wrote:

I also wonder if retribution damage could be increased a bit, or at least based on the enemy's total hp rather than the damage it does, since when I'm doing 100 or so damage a hit, the enemy hits me, does 17 damage and takes 9, it makes the armour a bit useless.

Retro damage is based on your block value. The higher block you have, the more damage you'll do, but it maxes out at half the enemy's damage. However, this is calculated on the damage they deal after your armor and block are taken into account. It would make it better if retro damage was calculated before armor and block reduced the enemy damage. I could do that easily.

dark wrote:

I also wonder if the ratio of farthest scene reached vs total starting scene should be changed given the availability of prestige bonuses, since at the moment I'm level 17 and starting on scene 50, which means a lot of mooks to slay before things get tough, and quite a long game all told.

The ratio changed based on difficulty, the harder difficulty starts you further back. The was done originally to ensure that you had a chance to build up. But it didn't take into account power creep from newer items, heirlooms etc. Currently its 5:1 for hard, 4:1 for medium and 3:1 for easy. I could easily add character level to that for a small bump and maybe just do a straight 3:1 for all difficulties or meet in the middle for 4:1?

dark wrote:

you might consider adding a few miner crafting elements into the mix, eG have the player collect metal scraps or stone and use it to create or augment weapons, or how about having herbs or fungus in the area tab with which the player could create potions or poisons?

wink I've got lots of things planned for the area tab, environmental items to interact with, possibly some puzzle elements, depending on if I can come up with a clean way to do without rewriting much of the game code. The area tab will eventually also show info about the enemy as well, so you can inspect them for some extra info (poison, special attacks etc). Crafting is on the list, also weapon upgrades, replacing enchantments, etc. Also environmental amenities like fishing holes and things. The area tab opens up a lot of possibilities and i'm going to explore a lot of them smile Oh, also, you should be aware, there is a minor bug that someone on itch.io reported with the tab, apparently chest items are not going into the area tab when your inventory is full, working on fixing that right now. So make sure you have open inventory when you open a chest for the moment.

dark wrote:

Lastly, as a miner request, once the settings tab is done, any chance of please having the option to change the order of pack items to most recent at the top as it was previously?

Ahh, I was wondering if anyone would notice. That was changed for browser compatibility. I can code around it though, I was relying on newer browsers' default behavior to sort it the other way, when I realized that I had previously done that I changed it during the last update, to be more compatible. I can change it back, and/or add it to the list of setting options. Or would it be better if I can figure out a sorting function to sort by name/level/whatever?