Re: Microsoft has open-sourced Windows Calculator

Hmm, interesting, I'm not experiencing the conversations lag myself, neither with Jaws nor Nvda. What happens from time to time is, that I press space on a conversation, that's my default way of activating buttons, and nothing happens. When this occurs, I just press shift + tab few times to get to buttons above conversations list, such as new conversation, menu, etc. and then tab back to my targeted conversation and press space. I must do this usually after app's start, but it isn't a rule. After I activate one of the conversations, everything starts to work as expected, without any lags or delays.

Only thing that annoys me with Nvda is, that Nvda seems to be quite desoriented on the page, so in the list of messages for example, you get different output scrolling it down than when you go up. Jaws doesn't have such issues, so I guess this is a mistake of screenreader.

Also they wouldn't have to write things few times, if they used Xamarin for development, as it can use a shared codebase thanks to Xamarin Forms and .net core. Only they know, why have they choosed Electron. May be the team was assembled without considering programming languages used by individual members, so they vent with a language, which everyone knows - _javascript_, as it's used in almost every modern webpage. But that's only speculation without any proves.

Best regards

Rastislav

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : nidza07 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Rastislav Kiss via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : nidza07 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Lucas1853 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : ogomez92 via Audiogames-reflector