Re: Pet peeves from other blind people?

I'm extremely sorry you have to go through that. not knowing what country you're from, or the cultural beliefs you, and these frankly ignorant people possess, I can't do much else except to say that it has to be tough, degrading, and a whole host of other things. Hopefully, if you're as isolated as you say, though, being on this forum and participating in the discussions here has showed you that there are plenty of blind people who don't have to deal with such circumstances and attitudes, and hopefully that will give you the strength to break away from whatever toxic assholes are feeding you all this crap. I've had a lot of negative experiences myself, including the thing you mentioned about people randomly putting their hands on you, and it infuriates me more than just about every other stereotypically bad interaction I've ever had with sighted people. Since breaking someone's wrist when they touch you for no reason is socially unacceptable, I usually just grit my teeth and take it, all the while feeling unclean and violated. Yet, if you stand up for yourself and say, "hey, I'm a human being too, and guess what that means? I have personal space, just like you!" then, you would be the bad guy, the blinktard or whatever the in word is these days that makes all blind people look bad. Yes, there is a lot of unnecessary drama that some blind people partake in, making a huge deal about how mistreated they are by sighted people when they make no effort themselves, and, in fact, are the inflammatory ones, but unfortunately, that invalidates perfectly legitimate experiences that some of us have as well. I mean, sure, if you enjoy being handled by strangers, and being prayed for gives you the warm and fuzzies, go for it! I have no quarrel with that. That doesn't, or shouldn't, mean that I have to take it just because it's someone's idea of a good deed, though.