Re: Stellar Aeon: What is it, and what do we know of it?

I'm rather looking forward to it myself, as someone who loves exploring I've always wanted to play a space mud, but sinse one thing I've not found yet is a decent space mud with a pvp opt out option, heck even wayfare doesn't have one. I believe this is why Dentin is thinking of the procedurially  generated world so that people will always have more space to explore, though whether such generation will be used for all in game elements I'm not sure, for example it'd be a bit dire if you started the game and could only find level 30 planets and enemies around you.

I'm also not sure if jsut because it will feature auto quests and missions this means there won't be any building at all, either way it's something I'm really looking forward to.

Btw, interestingly enough, explorable randomly generated wilderness and auto generated missions are for me the one thing that is lacking in alteraeon, sinse it makes grinding and exploring a lot more interesting if your wandering into a huge area not knowing what you might find, or continually getting random targets of little jobs, even basic mob kill type ones, as opposed to just running into the same areas again and again to slaughter the same mobs until your high enough level to move somewhere tougher.

For all  I had issues withh materiamagica (especially how you could become too higher level for quests), this was one aspect it had that I thought was good.

We'll see however, both what happens with stelereaon, and where alteraeon goes in the future, indeed I'm rather enjoying being back on alteraeon myself at the moment.

Of course the only slight downer with steleraeon is that we won't get mushZ for it's great soundscape, music and handy shortcuts which definitely enhance the playing of alter, indeed I tend to think that when playing with MushZ Alteraeon is pretty close to being a full audio rpg.

  • [Audiogames-r... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Orin
    • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: connor142
    • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Victorious
    • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Dark
    • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Dark
    • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: cj89
    • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Dark
    • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Mord-Sith
    • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: connor142
    • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Dark
    • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: aaron
    • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: connor142
    • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Dark
    • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: hanif
    • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Dark