Re: Stellar Aeon: What is it, and what do we know of it?

I don't know what real is, but I do also have confidence in Dentin's design. One thing he might do which materiamagica had with their wilderness was have the procedural generation specific to areas. So for example you have a level 1-10 star system, a level 10-20 etc. All of the content in those star systems is of a given level so you always know where youa re.

The one thing that concerns me with that sort of system is that it can lead to a situation where progress sort of doesn't mean anything sinse practically the elements used to create lower level areas are the same as the ones used to create higher level areas, for example you might fight a blackstar spacepirate ship at level 5, and then get the  same ship with the same description and abilities crop up at level 15, just with higher combat stats.

Then again a simple way around this is to level limit the elements that can be used in creating different areas, say making the black star only crop up in level 1-10 star systems so that you don't fight it again later.

Another concern I do have is additions to the game in terms of abilities, areas, elements added to the random generator etc. Sinse even the biggest set of random generators might need some more ingredients added to the mix occasionally, which could be difficult if there aren't going to be any area builders or people to maintain the mud on an ongoing basis.

However he manages it though, I do have infinite confidence in Dentin's ability with the game design, heck he's done a good enough job with the alter mechanics.

  • [Audiogames-r... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Orin
    • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: connor142
    • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Victorious
    • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Dark
    • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Dark
    • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: cj89
    • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Dark
    • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Mord-Sith
    • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: connor142
    • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Dark
    • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: aaron
    • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: connor142
    • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Dark
    • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: hanif
    • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Dark
    • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Dentin
    • Re: [Aud... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Dark