Currently available portable talking book players.

Hi all. I'm thinking of getting a Victor Reader Stream. I have an old iPod Touch, 4th gen. I think, and I'm literally using it for nothing but reading books. It's dying.

Anyway, I was wondering, just for the sake of research and completeness, are there any other devices like the stream currently available? I know it's big competition used to be the Bookport Plus, but so far as I can tell that's not actually for sale anymore, at least I'm not turning it up except on eBay anyway. Basically I'm looking to see if there's something that does what the stream does, with the possible exception of the online stuff. I think that would be really useful but it probably wouldn't be super horrifying if it wasn't there. Otherwise, playing all the usual stuff, e.g. Bard, Audible, Bookshare, that kind of thing.

I know there used to be some other devices like the stream but they seem to be gone. If they're not, I'd love to know which ones are currently going concerns, and any thoughts you might have on them in comparison to the stream. Since the stream costs a chunk of money, I figure I'd better do all of my research.