ALure and linker errors

Hi,

   I keep trying to implement an advanced audio library with HRTF and 3D reverb effects in c#. I experimented with FMOD and some plugins but nothing worked for me. Then I tried to write a simple c++/cli wrapper of OpenAL-soft but I was able just to open and close device and when I wanted to play a sound I was constantly getting an System.BadImageException. Then I realized that I should rather learn ALure. I guess the best way should be writing a simple c++/CLI wrapper and using it in c#.

So as the first step I wanted to compile an example program from ALure source distribution. I created an empty c++ Windows console application in Visual studio community 2019 and simple added the *.c file with the example. As they write in ALure read me file I copied the appropriate static library in to lib directory, I set path to the directory in project properties -> Linker -> General -> Additional library directories, then I named the library in project properties -> Linker -> Input and I did the same with libOpenAL32.a. And I am still getting linker errors lnk2019 and lnk2120 and it says that 26 symbols are unresolved. There are two static libraries and one dynamic library within the distribution and I tested all variations. Could you tell me what I'm doing wrong?
You can take a look at the project here.

I'm really getting upset because I claimed that I'll use HRTF in my final bachelory project but I didn't know how hard it will be to implement it in c# and how much time it will take.

Best regards
Luky

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : lightsome via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Nuno via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : sanslash332 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : lightsome via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Ian Reed via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Nuno via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : lightsome via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : sanslash332 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : lightsome via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Ian Reed via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : alisson via Audiogames-reflector