Re: Am I really that immature?

@turtlepower I'm glad you approve.  It honestly was one of the greater moments of my being out here on the forum, particularly since I've always liked to resolve issues if and when they arise and hate to have any unfinished business or hard feelings.  NO matter who we are, where we are or where we want to be and where we're going in life, in spite of the fact that this is the internet of things and you can just turn it all off when it's all too overwhelming I still do my absolute best to treat people as people because they're people.  To not have offered an apology on my part would have been a jerkwad move regardless if you honestly commited said blunder or not; I know I'd feel the same way if the shoe were on the other foot.
For me it was more about how you personally felt about the situation and I felt a need to do my absolute best to resolve it as cleanly as possible.  Sadly, I must admit as I'm  pretty sure that there was a point in time when my pride would have gotten in the way of my making or even trying to make the right decision because I wouldn't have honestly seen myself as having done anything wrong.  I'm glad this was not the case; I just wish others would start walking the extra mile...
I knew I had it bad when I was at a party and was asked by one of the wonderful, elderly ladies who was there if I wanted more food.  I had already eaten quite a bit as it was.  In snarky sarcastic, satirical me joking fashion I perked up and asked, "What, do I look like I'm hungry?"  I learned after the party that she had taken the comment rather hurtfully even though I had meant it as a joke.  My initial reaction was, but I joke like that with all my friends!  She needs to freaking lighten up!  The blazes is her problem!  In the end, I apologized because the question wasn't one about whether what I said was even right or wrong, but one of having hurt someone else.  It's called humility and I wish I knew how to exercise it more effectively, though I do try my best.  This story in particular though taught me many nasty things about how humankind works; so often we're more interested in being right than being thoughtful and compassionate.  I can honestly say that it would have been super easy to just look the other way but am sincerely super glad I didn't.  It cost me only the time it took to say I'm sorry but was well worth the effort and as we can all with an ounce of common sense see, resulted in a rewarding experience for all parties involved, as we are able to mutually discuss this matter.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Nuno via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : tunmi13 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : tunmi13 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : cartertemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : LordLundin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Mitch via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Liam via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Nuno via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Deathstar via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : targor via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Deathstar via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Sovs via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : targor via Audiogames-reflector