Re: Steam games that are reasonably accessible

Well, my problem was not Steam per se but rather I was asking for game suggestions. I got quite a ton of them already, so thanks, guys.

Well, I just found out that I forgot to remove Steam from the programs to launch after startup, so it was actually launching the Start menu icon. Not what I wanted, as that blocked my modified desktop icon with the -no-dwrite switch from working.
I fixed that and it definitely works better now. Once again, SLJ, thanks for pointing out Pitermach's Steam guide from 2019. The interface of the desktop client still sucks but yeah, at least it does read now. Anyway, I'll still be installing games using the browser method. That's just so much faster, simpler and more efficient. Time to go actually try out the suggested games. :-)

Sorry, my mentioning an OCR addon was bad wording on my part. I forgot it had the functionality built in natively on Windows 10. I'm an old school NVDA user back since XP, where you had to install an addon to make OCR work, so I'm still used to think of it and refer to the process that way. Of course, I was using the built-in OCR functionality on Windows 10, where you just hit NVDA+r, without any add-ons.

Thanks, guys.
Lukas

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : nyanchan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : nyanchan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : nyanchan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : lukas via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : lukas via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : lukas via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : rwbeardjr via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : lukas via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Arkandias via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : rwbeardjr via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Arkandias via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : blaze via Audiogames-reflector