Re: Any fello transgender people on here?

@1 Just wanted to take a moment to thank you for graciously answering everyone's questions. I myself am not trans, but your initial message asked if anyone else here was and I don't know that you've gotten what you may have hoped for by asking it. I hope that you have, or find, the support you need.

I have a bit of a kneejerk reaction to piling easily googleable questions about someone's lifestyle or identity onto them. Maybe I'm a weird blind person, but I hate answering easily googleable blindness questions unless they're asked by a close friend, and will often give someone the 15-second answer with an invitation to do their own research. Even close friends will get a longer answer with the caveat that I'm answering for myself only, and that they should really do their own research if they're interested in something better. Haily's choices are their own, but I generally operate under the principle that it isn't a woman's job to teach me about feminism, a person in a wheelchair's job to teach me about access issues, a blind person's job to teach me about blindness issues, a person of <insert ethnicity here>'s job to teach me about issues related to their culture, etc. It's on me to do that research, and possibly to ask specific questions as to how that research relates to them personally.

Anyhow, it's a beautiful Saturday and I'm not debating this further. I just haven't seen much thanks in exchange for asking some pretty deep questions, so thought I'd take a moment to appreciate the answers that were given, and to explain my perspective on why giving them may actually be exhausting for the giver.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : mechaSkyGuardian via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : LordLundin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : manamon_player via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : manamon_player via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : manamon_player via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : stirlock via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : daigonite via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : nolan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : daigonite via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Tadej_Grum_2002 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : daigonite via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : daigonite via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : lukas via Audiogames-reflector