Re: Evelyn's Farm: iOS Idle Paranormal Adventure from maker of Nano Empire

Okay, as I seem to be awake at weird times I'm just trying this now.
I'm definitely liking how things are working, although I seem to be quite a ways through after a comparatively short time, still I gather there is a lot to discover with the various tasks, I also wouldn't be surprised if there is more to find after the game ends.

I will admit I didn't quite get how fights work, mostly by not seeing the strength rating, so for anyone planning to play, make sure you check things out carefully, also remember that there are other benefits to working than getting cash, and unlike nano empire, things in this game don't seem to keep running unless you physically assign someone, or at least I don't think they do.

One question I do have, is do the exclamation marks mean that a task will progress the story? I thought so but wasn't exactly sure.
I also wonder what series this is based on. Thus far the text is sort of giving me a sort of children of the corn vibe, which is a good thing, though I'm guessing when a tv series  mentioned in the guide there is something specific in mind.

Oh well, back to work I go.

Edit: okay ignore my above comment on being only a short ways through. Whilst I guess there is a chicken out early ending, I didn't go for that one and things are definitely getting interesting, albeit  a chance combat knocked me out of the game for 15 minutes, though since in 15 minutes my auto timers will probably have let me progress more in other areas, this isn't quite as dire as it sounds.

I am also guessing that I might still! not be on the endgame, given the stupidly high stats of one encounter I ran into, unless that's just intended as a wandering hazard.

Whilst I don't think this one will quite satisfy the desire of people who wanted a farm game, as a really interesting story with incremental elements and lots to explore in the vane of Nano empire, this one should definitely hit the spot.

Edit the second: Yee gods this game is waaaaaaay! longer than I thought, and there is so much to discover it's not funny.
Again I might or might not be coming up on one of the endings, but I'm not sure, since it'll take a lot of resources.

The only thing I do not like, is the actual clicking mechanic of the work button, and that is more to do with the way Ios handles taps with voiceove.

When playing an incremental game on pc with a click mechanic, it's easy enough to hammer a keyboard key down and get a good quick click rate. However with voiceover, since you need to double tap or split tap to activate buttons, your rate is either slower or more clunky (when I try split tapping, i always seem to end up either hitting too many times or taps not registering).

I do gather that for each hit of the work button, you do 2x the value required, EG if you have 20 strength, you'll do 40 per click, as opposed to your companions who do 1x value per second.

Whilst your various production values in the game change, the percentage increase from clicking does not.
It'd be nice if there was an option (say in option settings), to have the work button do a greater amount of total value clicks on a slower timer.
I don't know what most people's average is, but say have   5 x value on a 2 second timer, that way instead of trying to hammer away like a lunatic clicking the button, or double tap slowly, you could just tap in a regular rhythm at a couple of seconds and get a similar rate of increase, which would be much  comfortable on the fingers.

Perhaps, if this couldn't be part of the game's upgrades, this could be added as an option, since I don't imagine it'd be too hard to add? Either way, really looking forward to finishing the game, though goodness knows when that will be, really this one is like the magic tree, it just keeps on growing big_smile.