Re: Any fello transgender people on here?

I generally do for my blindness what I've been doing in this thread for transgender stuff as well.
Sometimes, most times really, I am polite and try to actually give factual information, or set aside misconceptions. But when that misinformation or misconception is the product of blatant disregard for facts, or when it's clear that a person is asking a question or raising an objection in what I perceive to be bad faith, I tend to be sharper and less forgiving. Again, this is true regardless of what we're talking about. I do not think any one group should get to bow out more than any other, though I think it's a good idea to point out that blind aren't very often barred from public bathrooms or beaten to death on account of their blindness. I mean yes, I'm sure persecution happens, even still, but they're not quite the same issues. For whatever reason, the intolerance of LGBT individuals seems to be more obviously and directly harmful...or perhaps just more violent, anyway. It appears more harmful because it's often more violent. It's also considerably newer, as we've had physical disability for centuries uncounted, yet we're only really digging into LGBT stuff in the last half-century or so. This means it might feel more raw because it's newer, which might generally lower tolerance to scrutiny and questions, especially when said scrutiny and questions are still so often used to gaslight and otherwise unreasonably burden people.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : AlexN94 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : targor via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : targor via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : crescent via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : AlexN94 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : nolan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : nolan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Sovs via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : crescent via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : SirBadger via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : AlexN94 via Audiogames-reflector