Re: Tales of the broken braille writer, our braille writer stories.

Back in second graid when i was in a school for the blind, we used brailers for everything, and of course there had to be someone messing with them almost every day. I distinctly remember one of the kids in my class ripping the little tape or wire that makes the carriage move. Needless to say, I was quite angry when I returned to find out that my brailler wasn't working. Not to say that I wasn't good at destroying them either, I loved making my writing uninteligible by writing letters too close together, when the carriage didn't move over a full character length. It was fun, but it didn't impress the teachers, of course. We must have gotten replacement braillers every month or so because of how many problems they always had, there was always something wrong with them. Fortunately the brailler I have at home still works perfectly, although I haven't used it in years.