Re: Tales of the broken braille writer, our braille writer stories.

Hi.

i#m still pritty amazed that noone got hurt while this happened.
Back in 2013 or 2014 we were in an older building of the schools Campus. The stairs there had railings of course so noone could fall off the stairs, but the railings were pritty low, so if you are taller you would have trubble finding the railing.
so, one day me and a friend walked up the stairs, there was luckily noone else around. My friend who was in a lower grade and didn't have a laptop for the school work was carying all kinds of stuff with him, his perkins brailler, the huge metal brick one, a bunch of school books and something else I don't remember off the top of my head.
So, as luck would have it, he stumbeled abit on the stairs so everything started to slide in his arms. He did try grasping everything again, but in this event the brailler slid abit to far out of his arms. He did try quickly stepping forward to get it, the only thing he managed was to swat the thing to the side, making it fly over the railing.
Oh, as an added detail, we were on the third flore of the building.
The crash coming from the bottom flore was, to say it like this, quite epic. I never new that a perkins brailler could break, but this is just what had happened. the casing was shattered, the keys were somewhere else and well, the hole thing was in shambles.
Looking back at this right now, it#s sorta sad that we didn't record this, sad you always miss the most interesting events.

Greetings Moritz.