Re: Something I think must be said.

Hi there,
@1:

Hello all. It has come to my attension that a lot of you here on this forum are idiots.

Me: "Uhh, I know, but don't say it aloud!" big_smile
This single sentense gave me a quite good laugh, so it made its point.

@Mayana: I'd say the fact whether post 1 is or is not a satire largely depends on your point of view of that post.
A block always looks like a square, if you're looking perpendicularly from infront of it, it looks like a rectangle if you look from above and it can even look like an irregular pyramid under specific circumstances.
When looking at post 1, you see just a bunch of swears. That itself isn't a satire, if I now write, that Trump is an idiot, there is nothing satirical in it.
But when I connect these swears with the fact, how popular became insulting recently on this forum, it starts making sense to me. I'm not checking every topic on this forum, far from that, yet I could name three without any problems, where insulting had the major attention. And I guess I don't even need to name them here for others to know, which I mean, or at least what kind of topics do I mean.
And under this view, if goal of the author was to position himself into position of a forum rager, this is a perfect satire. Using hyperbolisation of mocked characteristics is and always have been very popular tool of writers, who wanted to show the society, what it did wrong, in a way, that even absolute idiots would understand, that the particular quality was bad and why was it bad.

Of course what was the author's goal only he knows, but as he stated it was a satire, this has automatically came to  my mind.

i don't comment post 15, that's another kind of story.

Best regards

Rastislav

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Mayana via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Mayana via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Mayana via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Rastislav Kiss via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Rastislav Kiss via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Rastislav Kiss via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Rastislav Kiss via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Rastislav Kiss via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Rastislav Kiss via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector