Re: what are your thoughts on BSG's new blog post?

I'll weigh in with my two  cents here..For those who continue to compare audiogames to mainstream ones, I have a question. Why? The audiogame market is a niche market, the developers are usualy single individuals or small teams with limited time and finances, and many of them have to log hours at jobs that will keep them fed and pay the rent. Wht all of those considerations, is it a surprise that the games being produced are not eyewateringly complex marvels? Next question, and this is for the people who like to post destructive, instead of constructive, criticism. My question is  this: how does saying something like, "This game is Crap" or" ?this game is stupid" benefit anyone? Those are personal feelings, not valid facts that can be corrected. For example, I think that most sidescrollers are too simplistic for me and don't fit my style of game play. Does that mean they're not good games for someone else? No. Those people who post overwhelmingly negative reviews hit developers especially hard. Imagine a developer has just released a game. The game's idea is good,  but the game itself needs work. Constructive feedback and offers to help might, just might, get us a game many of us would be happy to play. Destructive criticism, on the other hand, definitely will rob us of the potential to have a good game from that developer. Let's take A Hero's Call as an example. This game was released in what passes for a cloud of multicoloured snowflakes on this forum. Everyone was super excited to have a full featured, fully voice acted RPG. It soon became obvious that, like everything else in this world, this game couldnt satisfy everyone. One person posted a  review emphasizing what he thought was bad about the game. And while the developers may or may not have taken this review to heart, this game hasn't been updated in quite some time, and the developers are silent. Now, I will freely admit that I am biased here; this game is one of my favorites and I think it has great potential; just as an example, a crafting system could be implemented using the elemental gems found in the game, and perhaps this was supposed to come in a later update. But how many games have been becalmed by a negatively and sometimes hostile reception?

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Xvordan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : arjan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : arjan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : drums61999 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Allie via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ross via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : boy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : tayo . bethel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Jaidon Of the Caribbean via Audiogames-reflector