Re: New Class, Areas, & Features!

@Ciri, there are two types of quests in Erion.
There are "quests and expeditions" which are randomly generated, and there are missions which can be done only once.

Quests involve killing a certain npc, or finding a given object in a location in a short time limit and you get quest points back. expeditions are similar to quests but involve  several mobs to kill and a reward.
There are then global quests, when you and any other players of your level compete to kill a number of mobs in a short time, which are great since they're actually possible to do well in, unlike in other games that employ systems like that where newbies end up in trouble.

there are then missions which are more like quests in other muds, when an npc asks you to do something. Sadly there are fewer of those, though as has been said more have been added.

In addition, the game has a lot of really fun systems, for example, a Colosseum you can fight in to earn tickets, chocolate bunnies to find which give you extra points, runes, tattoos and icons to come acrss, a scrabble tile game where you get awarded for finding letters around the game etc.

In general Erion has a lot of stuff to do, my only problem is that when I played the stuff to do wasn't quite as evenly spread between levels, and I was sort of stuck for new  between levels 13 and 20, though I suspect had I persisted a bit things would've evened out again.
I also like the abilities in Erion, since this is one mud where all the attacks aren't the same and gaining new abilities really does give you new things to do in combat, not just tougher weapon skills, or swapping out typing "kick" mid fights to typing "bash" instead or the like.

I'll also say, the community is one of the most friendly I've seen, I particularly like how the game actually rewards different styles of players and has different houses to appeal to those styles, EG a pvp house, a house devoted to combat, an explorer's house and even an alchemists house for those who want to play with potion making, plus the accessibility is awesome, EG there is an "oscan" command which will let you just review the objects in neighboring rooms so you can complete those object quests even faster.

In general Erion is one of the best hack n slash muds I've ever played, indeed I'm sort of talking myself into going back and giving monk a try big_smile.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ErionMUD via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ErionMUD via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ErionMUD via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ErionMUD via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ErionMUD via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Nuno via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ErionMUD via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ErionMUD via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Ciri via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : tunmi13 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : meiffert via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : crescent via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : austen via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Eldrion the great via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Atlan via Audiogames-reflector