Re: Microphone choice help with recording my class with audacity?

@5, you'll probably want to go with a shotgun microphone in this case. I don't know if there are shotgun microphones with a usv connector out of the box though. If not, the microphones use a xlr cable, you can find a xlr to usv adaptor here,
https://www.shure.eu/products/accessori … -interface
As far as the shotgun microphone is concerned, I would recommend the AT 897 or the AT 895. The AT 895 is longer than the AT 895 and can pick up sounds from farther away, given its a long shotgun mike, where as the AT 897 is a short shotgun mike. Both of these microphones have a battery compartment for a double a battery, by unscrewing the barrel, which is great, since you don't need to worry about phantom power this way. As far as the price goes, don't quote me on this, but depending if its the AT 895 or the AT 897 you would be looking at a price of,
AT 897: $250
AT 895: maybe around $365, this is just a rough guess on this one, I don't really know what the price might be.
Overall though no matter which microphone you pick, I mean, audio technica is quite expencive, so you might want to look for cheeper options, go for a shotgun mike.
Hope this helps,
Igna

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ignatriay via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ignatriay via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ignatriay via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ignatriay via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Diegogaribay via Audiogames-reflector